Finished Raging Bull a few days ago and have been thinking about it a lot

One of the best films I've seen and slept on it for wayy too long, but I keep seeing people describe this film as "a guy who falls from grace" or "a guy who goes through redemption" but I never saw a grace to begin with just an angry, abusive, successful boxer. Nor did I see any redemption by the end, just a man who didn't seem like he changed.

Though this did leed me to watch On The Waterfront (another great film) to understand the reference better and since he's reciting the speech to himself in the mirror I do seem to interpret this as a reflection on what he did and blames himself. Just curious to see what you think about it as a whole?

submitted by /u/Pipyn
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/1622e26/finished_raging_bull_a_few_days_ago_and_have_been/

Comments