The Mummy (1999) is my favourite horror movie of all time

I’ll be upfront, I’m not a horror lover, I don’t like scary stuff and I’ve never seen a horror movie in a cinema in my life. That being said, I adore The Mummy. It’s such a fantastic blend of genres; Horror, fantasy, adventure, comedy, and it balances all those elements brilliantly. All the main characters are incredibly entertaining to watch and no character exists just because. Imhotep is a great threading antagonist and Benny is a hilarious supporting villain that never undermines Imhotep’s intimidation factor. The VFX still look mostly good for being over 20 years old and the action set pieces still hold up. The movie is just an awesome ride that entertains me every time.

The less I say about the sequels the better.

submitted by /u/_JR28_
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/151ecgo/the_mummy_1999_is_my_favourite_horror_movie_of/

Comments