Revisiting "Sphere" (1998)

I saw this as a teenager and really dug it, but I had forgotten almost all of it as the years passed. I'm 37 now and I just read the book earlier this year (which is fantastic. I'm catching up on Michael Crichton as if he's some new author.)

Anyways, I just got done watching the movie again and my feelings haven't changed. It's a very well-made, intriguing thriller. I think it's a very good adaptation of the book, and it blows my mind that this movie is rated so low. I think it's got a 14% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Why do you think that is?

I'm starting to think it only appeals to folks like me who get super fascinated by intriguing, theoritical ideas. Movies like Contact come to mind.

I guess I'm just looking for some discussion over the movie is all.

submitted by /u/raysweater
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/153b61b/revisiting_sphere_1998/

Comments