Movies that you can’t watch again

What are some movies that none of you can watch again? Or at the very least, movies that you watch sporadically because they’re so emotionally draining.

I think mine is “Brokeback Mountain”. I just can’t. Maybe I’ll watch it again in the future but it’s been 6 years since I first watched it and I don’t know if I ever will again.

Don’t get me wrong, it was a great movie. The scenery was beautiful, it was beautifully directed and portrayed, and Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger were amazing, but that movie gutted me. Of course Jack Twist’s death made me cry, but that’s not what really did me in. What really hurt was when Ennis went to Jack’s house and found the shirt that he’d “lost” wrapped inside of Jack’s shirt. And then at the end when Ennis’ closet door is open and you see a picture of the mountain and Ennis’ shirt wrapped around Jack’s shirt and he says “Jack I swear”, I sobbed. Violently. I cried for four hours until I threw up. When I got up the next morning, my eyes were almost swollen shut. For the first year after I watched that movie, I cried if I talked about it too much. I remember that I tried to tell my granny that I had watched it because she was the one who had recommended it to me and I broke down just telling her.

My role in my family is to watch a movie before anyone else and determine whether or not it’s too sad. This is because I don’t usually cry when I watch movies. Of course I cried with “Marley and me” and “Where the Red Fern Grows”, but most other movies just don’t do it to me. And honestly, I had never cried because of a romance movie before because they’d never made me feel that bad. So, my mom had been interested in watching it and she knew my granny had recommended it to me, so she asked me to watch it before her and let her know if I thought she could handle it.

When I got up the next morning with my eyes practically swollen shut, still crying, she decided to pass. She’s going to sit down and watch it this weekend, but I have refused to watch it with her. Something about that movie just killed me a little bit. Maybe it’s because we know that Jack and Ennis could have had a wonderful life together but Ennis refused to be openly out of the closet. Or maybe it’s because Jack died without ever getting more than “Brokeback Mountain” with Ennis. Or maybe it’s simply because it took Jack’s death for Ennis to be honest with himself. I don’t know, but what I do know is that it will be a long time before I ever sit down and watch that movie again, if I ever do.

Side note, the only other movie I won’t ever watch again is “Inside Out” and it’s because of Bing Bong’s “death”. I just can’t listen to him say “take her to the moon for me”, before fading out, ever again. I still ugly cry when I think about it.

submitted by /u/Gullible-Taste-3141
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/15c1wc7/movies_that_you_cant_watch_again/

Comments