Directors that don’t get the credit for their movies?

This came to me as I decided to watch Steamboat Bill Jr and saw it wasn’t directed by Buster Keaton in the opening credits but Charles Reisner (though looking at IMDb it seems Keaton my have co-directed, uncredited.)

I think the most common example is The Nightmare Before Christmas being commonly credited to Tim Burton (who wrote and produced) rather than Henry Selick.

I also think of Tom Cruise films recently, I don’t think anyone mistakes him for the director of the recent M:I films or Maverick but he does seem to get a lot of credit for pushing those films to their technical limits.

Any others?

submitted by /u/Jamesy555
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/15d0jz6/directors_that_dont_get_the_credit_for_their/

Comments