Other movies with the "slow-mo then really fast" fight sequences a la SHERLOCK HOLMES?

I'm sure Ritchie didn't invent it, but I can't think of any other movies that had a character telegraphing / running through a fight in slow motion in their heads before cutting to the actual fast-paced execution of their attack. Can anyone think of other movies that used this (or a similar) device? It doesn't even necessarily have to be a fistfight. Thanks!

EDIT FOR CLARITY because I now realize my title was poorly-worded:

I'm not so much referring to the editing technique of Speed Ramping, where the scene cuts between slow-mo and regular speed for effect, but rather the narrative device of the fighter predicting how the fight is gonna go (usually in slow-mo) and then executing exactly that plan. The boxing match in Sherlock is the only example I can think of, but there have to be more.

submitted by /u/VagabondVivant
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/14n446d/other_movies_with_the_slowmo_then_really_fast/

Comments