What movies do you think best represent a specific emotion, like sadness, shame, fear, horror....? Example, Uncut Gems and stress/tension, or Melancholia and sense of sadness.

I know this kind of a strange question but I was watching Melancholia and I was thinking to myself this movie really captures that sense of sadness and depression, that sense of doom. I mean for once the name of the movie is totally appropriate.

Or think of the movie Uncut Gems, which is obviously not about a particular emotion, yet the camera movement, the music, the voices, the pace....everything combines to create a kind of unpleasant stressful or agitated feeling in you the whole movie.

These are just two examples off the top of my head. Are there any movies you associate with specific emotions, like guilt, shame, fear, horror, rage, powerlessness, happiness, contentment, relaxation...?

submitted by /u/einsteinfrankenstein
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/13spfv5/what_movies_do_you_think_best_represent_a/

Comments