Oh, The Martian is excellent!

Not sure why I haven’t seen it, or why I’m even remotely surprised it’s great - everyone involved is top of their game, it’s just weirdly one I’ve avoided for some reason.

Gave it a chance, what a great movie! Matt Damon is incredible - he’s someone I’ve always know was great, but rarely saw do genuinely spectacular stuff - here I felt everything from him, his pain at sewing himself up, his distress, his humour, his pain his anxiety, great performance.

The FX are pretty much flawless, not sure what was a CG or set or what, but everything on Mars looked amazing.

LOVED the science, all of that, great fun and easy to digest if you don’t really know science..

Great supporting cast, Peña, Daniels, Chastain - all doing great work. Scott, confident as ever behind the camera, great soundtrack - like honestly, best movie I’ve seen in ages!

submitted by /u/crumble-bee
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/13ru0ih/oh_the_martian_is_excellent/

Comments