Amazing Actors with Little/No Awards Recognition?

My partner and I were just having a discussion about the excellence that is John Goodman and when I was digging into his filmography more, I was shocked to realize that this man has never even been nominated for an Academy Award.

Now I know awards are subjective, highly politicized and that they aren’t the definitive statement on who is a good actor or what is a good movie. I was just surprised given the length of his career, the wide variety of roles he’s had, and his immense talent as both a comedic and dramatic actor. I suppose he is better known for television, most notably as Dan from Roseanne/The Connors (though he’s AMAZING in The Righteous Gemstones and you should watch the first two seasons if you haven’t already), but he has also done a ton of film.

Curious to know who some of the other under-appreciated talents are up there - notably, the ones who have been around awhile and are generally well-regarded, like Goodman.

(It’s obviously much less surprising that folks only a couple years into their career haven’t received nominations/awards. They have plenty of time!)

submitted by /u/sayhellotojenn
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/13pwwdt/amazing_actors_with_littleno_awards_recognition/

Comments