Aftersun just broke me. Work of art. So now I’m watching Jurassic Park to bring some sense of normalcy to my night.

I’m absolutely devastated. Aftersun is a work of art, as I haven’t seen in years. My heart is both full of love and broken. The movie is endearing and so well made; that summer tender boredom, the absolutely intimacy and caring between father and daughter, the melancholy in Calum, eating through his relationship with Sophie, the need to teach his daughter, the empty talks about the future.

Paul Mescal is a superb actor. Even dancing. Seriously, his dancing is so full o meaning.

I just wanted to hug him so much. There, there.

So now I’m watching Jurassic Park to see if I can just, you know, cleanse my overly emotional mind. Dinosaurs are all I need now.

That's it. That's the post.

submitted by /u/lthomazini
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/13ue7zl/aftersun_just_broke_me_work_of_art_so_now_im/

Comments