American Psycho 7th Rewatch

I’m unsure why I watch American Psycho so many times but as I get older I find a deeper and deeper appreciation for it. It’s a fascinating film and impressive acting by Christian Bale that, along with The Machinist, set me on a path to loving his acting chops. I will still say that Batman Begins is the best adaptation ever (sorry George, Michael, Ben, Val, Robert, Kevin, Adam, Will) and likely have watched it more than than AP.

I wonder if Brett Easton Ellis knows Chuck Palahniuk as AP reminds me so much of Fight Club without the reveal factor of the main character being utterly insane. I’m honestly still not 100% convinced that Patrick Bateman didn’t murder 20 (or 40, as he says to his lawyer) people but it’s clear he’s a lunatic. Should I read the book and get more insight into his mental state? His father who, according to his (maybe) fiancé Evelyn (played by Reese Witherspoon) “practically own the company”, would be fascinating to learn more about.

Anyway, crazy good movie and I’m sure in a couple years I’ll watch again. Now, off to maybe rewatch GoT in its entirety for the 4th time as, like Depeche Mode said in its iconic 1981 album Speak and Spell, I Just Can’t Get Enough.

submitted by /u/Fr8tliner
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/12wvo5s/american_psycho_7th_rewatch/

Comments