S Craig Zahler and his movies

I have officially watched Bone Tomahawk, Brawl in Cell Block 99 and Dragged Across Concrete, in that order. With the completion of those three films, Zahler has officially become my 2nd favorite director of all time.

The way he writes his films, the dialogue comes off natural and smooth (also with the help of the actors). The fight scenes and shoot outs are brutal, unflinching and pretty fucking realistic.

I also really enjoy the fact that there really isn’t a definitive “good” person in any of his films. They all for the most part do some dirt or have some dirt on them. I haven’t watched a film that has had my full undivided attention since The Hateful Eight (and I’ll get hate for this one but I loved Halloween kills). I will definitely be watching anything and everything his name is attached to. The endings to both Brawl in Cell Block 99 and Dragged Across Concrete just left me saying, “Damn that was a wild ride.”

submitted by /u/Dragonborn83196
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/11u6g2e/s_craig_zahler_and_his_movies/

Comments