What's a thriller/mystery movie whose world you'd want to live in?

This might sound like a weird question, since many of these movies are supposedly already set in our world. But theoretically, if you could somehow be transported to that world and have your general vibe set to be like the film's setting and mood (and assume you won't be in danger), which would you pick?

This question was inspired by me recently seeing Angel Heart (1987). I knew going in that it was recommended as an atmospheric mystery. But I find myself still thinking about the 'world' in the film after seeing it. Coney Island, New Orleans apartment blocs, restaurants, coffee shops, cars, etc...it all came together and left quite an impression.

I was thinking, besides Angel Heart, I'd love to be a part of the town of Blue Velvet by David Lynch. Another really good one is Donnie Darko.

submitted by /u/AChocolateHouse
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/113btlo/whats_a_thrillermystery_movie_whose_world_youd/

Comments