Movie recommendations for a sensitive, Christian grandma

Hiya! So, I am in the unenviable position of needing to carefully filter my home movie watching.

I am a godless, gay cisman! I love movies that my mother would called deeply inappropriate. She abhors "filthy" language, sexual content of any kind, anything "evil" or "occulty" or "sacrilegious against god," and she shies away from violence. Basically, all the fun stuff. ;)

But for context: my mom is dying so I've moved in to take care of her. I watch MY movies on my own time but we love watching movies together (and is frankly one of the few things she can do as she goes through cancer treatment.)

So, I need recommendations for "inoffensive" movies that I can share with her but won't bore me to die before her.

Movies we've watched recently that passed the test (more or less):

Both Paddington movies, the Babe movies, The Proposal, The Lost City (her least favorite of the bunch,) the Mission Impossible movies (kinda...an exception to the violence rule but it's not bloody,) The Housesitter, etc.

Basically, light gentle cinema, occasionally action, mostly romcom or family oriented.

Gonna put on Singin' in the Rain, will report back on her (probably terrible) opinion!

submitted by /u/puppybusiness
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/10fcasx/movie_recommendations_for_a_sensitive_christian/

Comments