Movie characters like John Candy as Uncle Buck

Watched Uncle Buck recently and realized how much I idolized him as a child. The character of a chaotic yet lovable character who doesn't fit in the regular hero trope,yet is masculine,doesn't go the usual way of succes ,seems unreliable but still has his shit together in the end, or has a special talent which makes up the lack of responsibilities he has. Yes I liked Arnold Schwarzenegger too, but never really could identify with his roles as they felt unrealistic to me. I'm fairly certain there were more movies/show characters that embody this type of person, but I can't put my finger on it. Robin Williams as Mr. Doubtfire comes to mind, Jack Sparrow in a way, but it doesn't have to be the main character also!

Preferably 80s/90s/00s but open for recent movies too!

submitted by /u/Elieftibiowai
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/10mxk3s/movie_characters_like_john_candy_as_uncle_buck/

Comments