What is your most memorable cinema going experience of all time?

Note that this is very different than asking what your favourite movie of all time is. I can watch my favourite movie on my phone or on an an IMAX screen with 500 other people and still get the same amount of joy.

This question specifically relates to the cinema going experience. I.E a big screen, an audience and the general ritual of going to the movies rather than just watching a great film.

I can’t pick just one personally because my top two are such different experiences.

My first would be the original Jurassic Park. Watching it as a kid in a packed theatre was just about the most mind blowing thing I had ever witnessed and despite the obvious advancement of technology in the decades to follow I doubt I will ever experience something quite so truly cinematic in my lifetime.

My second was an audience participation screening of The Room. Essentially the anti-Jurassic Park but at the same time one of the most joyous celebrations of cinema you can imagine.

What’s your favourite cinema going on experience? Maybe its watching an VFX epic that can only truly be experienced on the big screen or maybe the movie was completely secondary to the date you were on. Maybe it wasn’t even a “good” experience. Just a memorable one that you will never forget like a fist fight breaking out during a screening of Toy Story 3.

submitted by /u/Crafty_Letter_1719
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/ya3nox/what_is_your_most_memorable_cinema_going/

Comments