Question: What movie can I show my 12-13 year old students for Halloween?

Hi there dear movie- afficionadi,

I'm a history teacher from the Netherlands and also the person responsible for throwing a big Halloween party for our high school! We have a big party from 20:00 until 22:00, but before that students have the chance to sign up for different activities - one of which is watching a horror movie in our auditorium (not sure if that's the correct English word).

However, I'm having trouble selecting the movie! I feel like it's either TOO scary (16+) or too childish/humourish (most animated films). I'm looking for a movie that is still horror but is not really horror. If you know what I mean. Some of my favourites are The Babadook, It Follows and Midsommar but obviously I can't show these movies to 12-13 year old kids. Help!

English is no issue for the students as they all speak it rather fluently and we will have subtitles available for those struggling a bit. I would love any and all input from you guys. Thank you all!

submitted by /u/slicslack
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/y89zyd/question_what_movie_can_i_show_my_1213_year_old/

Comments