Just finished watching Blonde and I am convinced that the NC-17 rating was a marketing ploy.

There was literally nothing in the film that you usually don't see in a typical serious R-rated movie. The sex scenes weren't as graphic as they were made out to be by the cast and the critics. Hell, this isn't even the most sexually explicit film starring Ana de Armas.

However, this kept me thinking: for this to be a marketing ploy/tactic, the film rating board had to be in on it(the chances of which I guess are really slim)

What I thought about the film: it's was just mediocre at best. Ana de Armas was fantastic. She really did blew my mind(maybe that's because I went in with low expectations and haven't seen her playing significant roles in any movies before)

TBH, I really found the film to be grossly exploitative and unnecessary. The only redeeming quality,as I mentioned before,was Ana De Armas' performance. Beleive it or not, there's a scene where we get to look out of Marlyn's private parts from the foetus' perspective. I mean really,what was the point of that shot? It truly did not add anything to the movie.

TLDR: The NC-17 rating wasn't warranted at all. The movie at best was average. At worst, an needless dumpster fire of exploitation. Maybe, it's worth the watch for Ana's performance but that's a big(I really can't emphasis this enough) "maybe".

submitted by /u/dustin_harrison
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/xqm5gj/just_finished_watching_blonde_and_i_am_convinced/

Comments