If you're going to the Avatar re-release, don't leave after it ends because there's a sneak peak for The way of water

So, I just came back from Avatar and thoroughly enjoyed rewatching it on the big screen after 13 years.

Shortly after it ended I was surprised to see a clip from the sequel that's around 3 to 4 minutes long and I have to say, it kind of blew my mind at what I was watching.

My brain was confused because I knew what I was seeing didn't exist in real life, but it looked as real as you and me, so I was just in awe of the whole thing.

I'm not sure how they made the water in this one. If it was filmed in a tank and they CGI'd everything around the water or it was all CGI, but the water looked completely real and without going into details, the creature they showed was fantastic as well.

It had volume and weight, you wanted to touch its skin because the textures and the lighting were excellent on it.

If that scene looked so photoreal, I can't imagine how the rest of the film and the sequels are going to be.

They're more than likely going to become the gold standard for CGI and mo-cap going forward.

Anyway, if you've seen the scene in a theater, what did you think of it?

submitted by /u/Kriss-Kringle
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/xn3gvs/if_youre_going_to_the_avatar_rerelease_dont_leave/

Comments