Last movie you enjoyed that seems universally disliked? (The spirit)

I had heard nothing but bad things about The Spirit but decided to watch it last night. I have to admit that I actually had a pretty good time watching it. Being a fan of frank millers art style (his ink stuff in particular) went a long way I think, because the whole movie looked like his work came to life (arguably more than the sin city movie).

It may have been the low expectations (or lack of them all together) that contributed to my enjoyment of it. In all honesty I’m pretty sure the edible I had beforehand helped too.

All that said, I can appreciate peoples grievances with it though I’d still have to earnestly recommend it to people who enjoy Millers art style. The scene with Samuel l Jackson dressed as a Nazi with a kitten was perhaps the most accurate “comic book” feeling I’ve ever gotten from a movie.

Of course I realize this very well says more about me and my tastes/sensibilities being dubious at best, but I see no point in pretending otherwise.

What are things you enjoyed watching that made you question your own tastes?

submitted by /u/Alcatrazepam
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/wzceor/last_movie_you_enjoyed_that_seems_universally/

Comments