What's the meaning of Andrei Tarkovsky's Stalker(1979)?

Just watched it today. My first Tarkovsky film had huge expectations from it as people consider both Andrei and this film one of the best ever. After finishing the film I don't know what to make of it first of all this is the most slowest film I have ever seen like I have seen many slow films but this is on another level also the main message and themes of this film and at the end what's the point of this film like after trying to enter the Room during the whole film at the end they just refuse is totally disappointing for me it's not like I haven't seen any anti climatic films I have seen those and I like them but I don't know why I can't connect to this one. It's not like I completely hate this film the cinematography is absolutely brilliant the whole film feels like a fever dream. So please explain what's the point of this film?

submitted by /u/Dismal-Ad3069
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/wc3fnx/whats_the_meaning_of_andrei_tarkovskys_stalker1979/

Comments