Movies with stories that expand beyond the screen (Spoilers)

It's one of my favorite elements to a solid story; something in the movie that hints that other stories that are never fully explored and it's left up to our imagination as to what happened.

I first felt this with Terminator 2 when the scientists revealed that they had the original Terminator arm and CPU chip. I immediately felt that there was a story (albeit rather straight forward) of them discovering the remnants and refocusing their R&D towards (re)building that chip.

In The Professional, Danny Aieillo's character says to Leon, when I found you, it was because of a girl that messed you all up. It's a nod to La Femme Nikita, but it could still be another story altogether...

Another more recent movie that really sparked my interest was Ghostbusters Afterlife. When the kids enter the mine, they see all the previous years that someone else successfully trapped / thwarted Gozer and kept it locked in that pit. I would love to see a Ghostbusters 1945 movie or Ghostbusters 1912 movie. What sort of technology would they have used? Would we see Tobin and his spirit guide? Who knows...

What other movies have this?

submitted by /u/SatansMoisture
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/w0iyqr/movies_with_stories_that_expand_beyond_the_screen/

Comments