How is it possible for the Grapes of Wrath film to come out less than a year after the book's release?
I was looking up information about The Grapes of Wrath, looking at the book and the film. I noticed that the book came out April 14th, 1939, and the movie by John Ford came out January 24th, 1940. That is less than a year and seemed like a tremendous turnaround for a book to movie adaptation.
I was wondering... how is that possible? Was the movie being made concurrently with the book? I noticed Gone With the Wind had a 3-year lag time between the book and the movie. It's a bigger production, sure, but still a comparison.
I know the The Grapes of Wrath is a simple production, but I've never heard of an adaptation taking such a short amount of time before. Are there other examples?
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/w1ch3j/how_is_it_possible_for_the_grapes_of_wrath_film/
Comments
Post a Comment