Things I missed in Knives Out

Hey guys I saw a lot of you interacting in the post I made about Knives Out the other day and there were a few things I forgot to talk about:

  1. One of the main reasons I made the post is that Netflix recently announced that in the holiday season of this year they will release Glass Onion: A Knives Out mystery so I wanted to see how hyped other people were about the film going into the next chapter
  2. I totally forgot one of my favorite unspoken journey's through the movie: the baseball. So when Richard finds the letter from Harlan about his affair he sees that it is blank and tosses it aside and in resentment for Harlan he throws his baseball out the window. Throughout the rest of the movie the baseball is passed from Blanc to the dogs and from person to person until at the end of the movie it gets passed to Linda who recognizes it as her father's baseball. As a final goodbye to him and the house, she returns the ball to its rightful place and then she finds the letter and reveals the hidden message left on it. Just by Richard throwing the ball as a sign of resentment and victory over Harlan's setup he inadvertently causes Linda to find the message. It's so entertaining to just follow the ball's journey and it is so satisfying once you realize it's thematic purpose
submitted by /u/OpeningUp2003
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/vj46le/things_i_missed_in_knives_out/

Comments