Some like it hot (1959) was just so smooth

My first ever Marilyn Monroe film! First off I have seen many movies where a guy is pretending to be a woman and then falling in love with a woman and how they end up together. This one also starts off with the same premise but some like it hot did it first and that too more than 7 decades ago. The story in itself was pretty good with excellent acting especially by Jack Lemmon, he nailed it. His expressions, his feminine voice and that dance he did. The chemistry between both the main leads was amazing. The dialogues especially between those two were really good. It was a innocent, comedy and romantic movie and I personally enjoyed every second of it. And damn Marilyn was just mesmerizing. I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.

And while watching it I realised how important the movie is in terms of pop culture and the quotes. My favourite one was

" I'm engaged" "congratulations. Who's the luck girl?" "I am"

Tell me yours in the comment.

submitted by /u/BlackSkull7X
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/vojdum/some_like_it_hot_1959_was_just_so_smooth/

Comments