What movie would you consider your "Star Wars" and how old are you?

By that I mean, what's the movie that showed you something you had never seen before and stuck with you for life, becoming the film that you subconsciously compare all other films to. Back in 1977, Star Wars came out and was simply like nothing that had come before. It changed how people make films, it changed how audiences see films and it became an instant favourite for millions of impressionable young cinema goers.

I am 33 years old and for me it's The Matrix. I saw that film when I was 11 and it absolutely floored me. I had never experienced anything like it. The insane, mind-blowing premise. The state-of-the-art effects that influenced all action sci-fi for at least the next decade. The gorgeous visuals and attention to detail. The fantastic choreography. My life can definitely be divided into Pre-Matrix and Post-Matrix. And to this day, I can't look at those corrugated warehouse roofs without thinking about Trinity running and hearing that music. The whole film is seared into my brain from start to finish and I will never get bored of it

submitted by /u/Peri-D-Optrix
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/uzsfly/what_movie_would_you_consider_your_star_wars_and/

Comments