Short films are just as valid as feature-length films.

I have met a number of people that believe short films do not count as "real movies" and therefore are a waste of time due to the short runtime of the film.

I disagree.

My favorite short horror film of all time is Lights Out (Short 2013). This 3 minute long film has managed to scare me, has intrigued me and has fascinated me every time I've watched it way more than a number of 1 - 2 hour long horror movies that I've seen.

The same thing goes for short animated films and short documentaries. The Academy Awards even have short film catergories: Best Animated Short Film, Best Documentary Short Film and Best Live Action Short Film.

What do you think of short films? Do you also think they're just as valid? Oh, and what would you say is your favorite short film?

YouTube link to the short film Lights Out (Short 2013) if you'd like to watch it:

https://youtu.be/FUQhNGEu2KA

submitted by /u/GhostOfTheSerpent
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/v0lc0o/short_films_are_just_as_valid_as_featurelength/

Comments