Has any movie ever disappointed you because you waited too long to see it?

For me it is "The Big Lebowski". For some reason, I never saw it until about six years ago. By that point, I had heard all of the punchlines quoted so many times everywhere that they were basically spoiled for me. Watching it, I did figure that I would have really enjoyed it had I not heard the punchlines. In fact, I had never heard about John Turturro's character and I laughed my ass off when I saw him. The rest of the movie, however, just could not live up to all of the hype that had accumulated in my head by that point. Keep in mind, there have been other movies that I saw way later that were spoiled for me but I still enjoyed as if I was seeing it the the theater ("The Thing", for example). Lebowski, however, did not work for me with spoiled punchlines.

submitted by /u/PardonMe4Livin
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/ubu9ds/has_any_movie_ever_disappointed_you_because_you/

Comments