About time (2013) hits differently as I grow older

I watched this film back in 2013. Back then I was very young, so were my parents and I thought it was only ok. I liked the plot but always found the execution lacking something that I couldn’t pin point exactly.

Fast forwarded 9 years and today I realised it’s my lack of life experience the culprit. My concept of time as an adult changed significantly and suddenly the film hits like a truck. The passage of time is no longer just a concept in poetry but it’s something I can sense in my day to day, seeing my parents growing old right in front of my eyes, and this film visualised that in the most brilliant and creative way I could imagine. I think most of us, at some point in life wished for a chance to go back to fix things, or to simply re-live the good old time, just to learned that it’s best to appreciate and enjoy the present. The film communicates that message beautifully.

I can’t even begin to imagine the impact it could have on someone who’s just lost a parent/parents. Of course none of us would willingly want to experience that but it’s inevitable, just like the very plot of the film. It’s amazing how a film named About Time can only be fully appreciated when it’s about time. A lot of thoughts must have gone into that!

submitted by /u/AHonterMustHont
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/ueufjy/about_time_2013_hits_differently_as_i_grow_older/

Comments