The Edge of Seventeen

I’m not a big fan of this movie even though I really love Hailee Steinfeld in literally everything else she’s starred in. However there’s one scene in this movie that co rains what is still by and large the most satisfying piece of dialogue I’ve ever heard.

It’s the scene where Nadine is ranting to her teacher about how she’s super underground and different from everyone else, basically doing the whole “I was born in the wrong generation” spiel you’ve heard a million times on YouTube before. When she’s done the teacher hits her with this:

“Have you ever considered that maybe it’s because no one likes you?”

I fucking love that because I used to be that kid. Everything I did revolved around past decades because I was a little hipster shit who had an irrational contempt for anything I deemed “modern”, which included pretty much anyone my age. It was cringy as fuck and I wish someone gave me a reality check.

submitted by /u/stillstuckinthesim22
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/tjjoev/the_edge_of_seventeen/

Comments