Question on Raiders of the Lost Ark

Raiders was the first movie I ever saw in the theater and is one of my all time favorites.

But after 40(ish) years, I just thought of a question. At the end, *SPOILERS AHEAD* when the Nazi's open the Ark of the Covenant, they are all killed in gruesome ways right? Later it shows the Ark being placed in a giant government warehouse.

My question is: What stopped ANYONE from the government opening the Ark themselves? I assume they had to go to the island and pick up Indy and the Ark, etc, but did a bunch of suits *really* believe Indy about it melting peoples faces and such? Did some FBI guy open it on his lunch break and get turned into a grilled cheese?

I, in no way, am trying to put the movie down, but that question popped in my head as I was watching a clip just now. Thanks!

submitted by /u/00_elcid
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/tjkpng/question_on_raiders_of_the_lost_ark/

Comments