Moulin Rouge!

I cannot believe that I waited 21 years to watch this movie! I'm a fan of Baz Luhrman's films, especially Romeo + Juliet and The Great Gatsby, so I'm surprised that it's taken me this long. I was already familiar with some of the soundtrack too; Sparkling Diamonds has been on my playlist for years! I randomly decided to watch the movie a few nights ago (and then two more times after that), and I was blown away. The music, costumes, editing, and set design were a feast, and my eyes were glued to the screen the whole time.

The thing that really got me though was the chemistry between Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman. I was so invested in the love story, and I really felt their passion and heartbreak. Both performances of "Come What May" made me cry! And Ewan McGregor's smile just melts my heart. The way he smiles while he sings to Satine is pure sweetness!

I also felt so stressed (in a good way) the whole time, especially towards the end, because one second everything is great and happy, and the next it's a disaster. It kept going like that until the very end! Back and forth, back and forth. I was in agony!

I was so charmed by Jim Broadbent's Harold Zidler. I went into the film assuming he'd be a villain, but he was so funny and really cared about Satine. And of course, the real villain, The Duke, was just so foul, and I loved how much I despised him.

Moulin Rouge! easily slipped its way into my Top 10 favorite films of all time, and I can't wait to watch it again!

submitted by /u/cms_0702
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/tqjfqb/moulin_rouge/

Comments