Tim Burton's Batman and Returns.

I still have a soft spot for these films. Yes, they are silly and yes Batman basically kills dudes left and right. But the story telling of the films, and the style of them worked extremely well.

I did like how The Joker seemed like a viable threat to the city and Batman, and how his Joker Formula actually seemed pretty smart. Though I did kind of question why Gotham all of sudden forgave him when he decided to give them "Free Money."

Returns had moments that made me go "Huh?" but also stuff that I liked a lot. Bruce and Selina Kyle basically trying to start a new life, but realizing they can't. Selina having a psychotic episode. The Penguin pretending to be good, only to be planning to blow up the city and frame Batman.

The ending though. I really think they should have just left it at Catwoman's shadow in the alley. Her heading popping up at the end and then not getting Tim Burton back for a 3rd film. Kind of soured me as a kid.

submitted by /u/Randym1982
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/swgum2/tim_burtons_batman_and_returns/

Comments