Sorry to bother you - not perfect, but absolutely great and creative (heavy spoilers inside)

I just felt like discussing this one. The first time I saw it I knew nothing about it going in and my mind was pretty much blown by the ever increasing insanity and escalation. It was quite an experience seeing it completely fresh without any notion of what it would be.

I've now seen it a second time so I think I could look at the movie differently. The surprise of it was gone and the other elements seemed to get some more room in my attention and I really appreciate the tone of it and mixture of tones. It's funny, but real and incredibly dark at times. It manages to juggle them pretty damn well and that's incredibly difficult I feel.

That whole scene in the houseparty of the CEO where he's basically an attraction and they force him to rap? I completely forgot about that element of it since it was years ago now. Powerful stuff.

The only reason I won't say perfect movie is that you can really tell the budget at times from the look, but I also think that it adds to the vibe of the movie and a higher budget/more realistic look would have changed the tone of the movie so who knows. The other element that was kind of weird was him getting back with the girl at the end. I think that was kind of weird as well

Anyway, what are other people's thoughts and feelings on this one?

The way the phone calls were done was interesting as well. Creative stuff.

edit: Armie Hammer was very believable in the role as well. I know the cannibal jokes and comments are perhaps inbound, but yeah. I didn't feel like I was watching an actor. He was tremendous in the role. Make of that what you will.

submitted by /u/Muhmuhmonee
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/suzcep/sorry_to_bother_you_not_perfect_but_absolutely/

Comments