Watching Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind after your ex dies hits different

This is my favorite movie of all time. Seen it about 10 times and every time I watch it the movie feels so different.

Watched this movie when we were together, cried at the thought of us being erased from each-others’ lives.

Watched this movie after we broke up, cried because “if only we had a second chance!!!!!” Hey, but at least we will never forget about each-other.

Watched this after he died. Man it fucking hurt. The scene in the house: “Come back and make up a goodbye at least, let's pretend we had one...” That really got me. Also the memory-erasing aspect is so real now. All of the memories we shared only exist with me now. When Clem and Joel get a second chance together, that also hurts so much. God it hits so different.

This movie is great and no matter who you are I think you’ll feel something. If your ex is dead and you want to feel like absolute shit, I recommend this movie.

submitted by /u/dancergerard
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/se5vao/watching_eternal_sunshine_of_the_spotless_mind/

Comments