I’m so mad at myself for sleeping on “the nice guys” like I did.

First all, yes, disclaimer: this is one of those movies that the internet can’t shut up about how underrated (or underviewed?) it was, but damn if they weren’t correct.

Even when it came out I heard how great it was, but I just didn’t see it for some reason. Afterwards I kept hearing about how good it was, so a year or two ago I watched like the first half hour of it on my phone on a train.

Now I finally watched the whole thing and, guys, it’s pretty fr#ckin’ good.

Gosling and Crowe are great together and the humor is just top tier. The pacing is great, although it definitely gets better the further the film goes on.

But what I loved most was how so many little bits or jokes came back later in the movie, or how a plot divergence would lead the story where you did’t expect it. So many little twists and turns.

Plus, any movie with Keith David is at least a 3/5 and this one goes way beyond.

So if you’re like past-me and have heard of it and have been putting it off, go watch it right now, or, whenever you feel like it. Because it indeed is worth it.

submitted by /u/G00bre
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/sb3mb0/im_so_mad_at_myself_for_sleeping_on_the_nice_guys/

Comments