First Time Watching: “Rope” (1948)

This was not only my first time watching “Rope” (1948), but it was also my first Alfred Hitchcock film.

I was excited to check out the famous director finally, with the great Jimmy Stewart (I just watched It’s A Wonderful Life). All the hype around Hitchcock, plus Jimmy Stewart, and an 8.0/10 IMDB rating had me hungrily choose this film to watch.

I love the “whodunnit” genre so at that ground level, I enjoyed this film. Jimmy Stewart was great as always, and I enjoyed the characters portrayed in the film.

After watching this film, I’m curious as to why it’s rated so high?

Story wise it’s enjoyable, but I had wished there was more of a mystery to the film. Instead it was two spoiled kids who’s murder got revealed the second a thinking man poked a hole.

I would just like further insight from those who know.

submitted by /u/thedarkknight16_
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/rnxpl1/first_time_watching_rope_1948/

Comments