What comedy movies of the last 10-20 years do you think will be revered in the next two decades the way that comedies like Blues Brothers, Ghostbusters, Trading Places, Dumb and Dumber etc were in the 2000s/2010s?

I'm wondering how many comedies made in the last two decades will be considered timeless classics in years to come. Even though I'm a 90s child, I consider 70s and 80s comedies to hold up very well as well as a lot of 90s movies but after that? I dunno.

Movies like Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are probably shoe-ins but are there many others? I'd personally throw Team America, Tenacious D and Superbad in as comedies I'll love forever but I can't think of many others that would generally be considered timeless. It could also just be that I'm tired and not thinking straight lol

submitted by /u/OverByThere_Innit
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/r4kycd/what_comedy_movies_of_the_last_1020_years_do_you/

Comments