The Last Duel, I finally saw it, and thoughts...

It's brilliant. Every performance in this film is 100% a game. Fuck, this is among his best work, and I've been watchin Ridley movies since fucking Alien.

The fight at the end is better than Gladiator. Yup.

I don't think I have ever seen Ben Affleck acting better than he does here.

Matt is unreal.

Fuckin Adam Driver is fucking brilliant and I can't believe the missed opportunity here. I DO believe he could have been Darth Vader's Grandson. Missed. He was perfectly cast for Kylo Ren, it was just a shitty character, imo, in 3 shitty movies.

Jodie Cormer is 100% up for a nom here. Oh, she's killer, in a film where everybody is killer. Oh, she's great. Do I agree that she "steals the movie"? No, it's just that part 3 of the Last Duel is a fucking gut punch, and most people will be rooting for her character, imo.

This film is a little blatant and a little on the nose, so anti sjw's may not like that idea, but I think it works. It's a fucking great film and I can't wait to see House of Gucci.

All hail to Sir Ridley Scott, he's one of the best filmmakers of all time, by far.

As always, your milage may vary.

submitted by /u/A_Dream_A_Scene
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/r5zqh8/the_last_duel_i_finally_saw_it_and_thoughts/

Comments