Portrait of a Lady on Fire left a mark on me

I can’t put into words how I feel about this movie. I have seen it 5 times and the first watch, I didn’t really get it and found it slightly boring and dragged out. Second watch, it became my favorite movie ever made.

It’s one of the only movies that have made me cry like crazy and feel intense emotions from. I even teared up a bit simply at the view of the cotton candy sky. The cinematography is incredible and every scene looks abnormally vivid. It’s like I’m waiting a 50k movie when really it’s 1080p.

There were so many memorable scenes… I can’t even pick a favorite. It’s a movie that is so fucking special to me and I hope to some day experience a similar sort of love. That ending scene was absolute perfection by the way. One of the most intense scenes I’ve ever encountered without any drama or action present.

I give this movie a 10/10 and urge anyone who hasn’t seen it and enjoys artsy movies to watch it. Slow burn sure but it takes its time for a reason. One of those movies I think about for weeks after watching

submitted by /u/thatsOKbro
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/r649wt/portrait_of_a_lady_on_fire_left_a_mark_on_me/

Comments