Everytime I watch Explorers, I wish there was an interview with the Director to know what he was thinking in the third act

Explorers is an 80s classic to me. It's right up there with The Goonies, The Last Star Fighter, Ghostbusters, The Navigator and so many others.

However, at the third act it just crash and burns. In my opinion, it's not just about missing the mark, it is outright annoying. Even as a kid, I always fast forwarded the alien scenes....and I loved aliens as a kid!

I wish there was an interview where this was explored (no pun intended) and why the Director thought it would be neat to have 20 minutes of bad comedy inserted at the very end....I wonder if he ever regretted making the third act the way he did?

submitted by /u/Annahsbananas
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/r3tark/everytime_i_watch_explorers_i_wish_there_was_an/

Comments