Bad Adaptation, Great Film

A comment on a recent post got me thinking today- So many film adaptations of other works end up reviled for being inaccurate or not living up to the sourse material.

However, does that make them bad movies?

The example in the comment I read, which I whole-heartedly agree with, is World War Z. Having never read the books, I'm told that it has absolutely nothing to do with the book, and fans of the book (understandably) certainly didn't receive it all that warmly. However, if you ignore the title, I genuinely think it's one of the better zombie movies that I've ever seen.

What other adaptations managed to produce genuinely good or great films, even if they failed as "adaptations" of the source?

submitted by /u/TheSixtthDegree
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/r4dcs5/bad_adaptation_great_film/

Comments