Are there any movies you’d actually like remade/reimagined?

People hate remakes, I get it. The ones we get lately are typically films on the verge of leaving the memory of “recent” pop culture or rebooots of franchises that already made a shitload of money. We don’t need them but is there a film/franchise you feel needs it or could be done well by it?

Surely it’s possible - Yojimbo to A Fistful of Dollars is my favorite example. Both fantastic films with excellent scores and a main actor that truly carries the film.

I watched The Searchers again with my granddad tonight and while I think no one could ever make a film that holds a candle to it, I thought the same when I first saw A Fistful of Dollars, which was a remake.

I’ve never posted here, but got a bit sentimental during the opening, “welcome home, Ethan,” scene with my 90 year old granddad. We also enjoyed the Coen’s True Grit remake, the last film we saw in a theater together.

This post got long-winded (sorry) - what film/movie deserves the remake/reboot? Who should direct?

submitted by /u/aenderw
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/r3s7lb/are_there_any_movies_youd_actually_like/

Comments