Being John Malkovich is an amazing accomplishment vis a vis moving presumable mountains to make a work of art

Art is subjective, and all that Jazz, but to see challenging art in movies was so refreshing, I can’t describe my relief to just simply see something honest and compelling. I’m not trying to be pretentious or rude. I like lots of media that can be appreciated for all sorts of reasons, but to be able to watch a movie that was allowed to use language and ideas that may have ostracized audiences is a relief I can’t describe, and feel embarrassed to even talk about. Yes, it’s quirky and weird, but viewing this movie as I approach middle age is a different experience from being a young guy. Sure, it’s easy to say I’m just old and out of touch, and maybe I am, but FWIW getting to see this piece of art was fucking awesome. Catherine Keener, Cameron Diaz (an actor maybe not put in the group of fancy pants actors usually) and John Cusack, and friggin’ directed by Spike Jonze and written by Charlie muthafucken’ Kaufman? I’m sorry I’m a huge movie nerd, but this is on my list of maybe the greatest film ever made. It’s just a star-studded list of the greatest artists working together, and the result is undeniable awesome. K end rant. Shout out to all these artists and thanks for the cool ass thing you made together.

Omg it’s still on and Charlie Sheen just showed up as himself. This is peak cinema y’all

submitted by /u/hambluegar_sammwich
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/pyesh2/being_john_malkovich_is_an_amazing_accomplishment/

Comments