Are there any movies where the payoff is better than the mystery/worth the hype?

I started watching a new TV show (squid game) and I find the whole premise and mystery behind what's going on very intriguing, and I always have fun thinking through what I think is happening. But then I got thinking, and I realised just how underwhelming most answers usually are. Usually the mystery and the thought that generates is so much more fun to me than whatever the answer is.

Scream is one of my favourites because I had so much fun trying to figure out who the killer was. And the identity really did take me by surprise and was a satisfying conclusion. The sequels less so.

Another good one is The Prestige. That movie has a lot of twists and turns, and I love the ending and how it resolves itself and the various questions throughout the movie.

Do you know any other films that stick the landing and provide satisfying answers to questions they raise?

Edit: scream not scary movie. Always get them confused lol.

submitted by /u/bob1689321
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/px2gm7/are_there_any_movies_where_the_payoff_is_better/

Comments