The Best Years of Our Lives

Back in the early 80s, I was flipping through the channels late one night. This movie was in opening credits. I love older movies so said, “What the heck, give it a few minutes”. Ten minutes in, I was glued to the sofa. I don’t think I moved for 3 hours. At one point, I wept big sobs with my shoulders heaving. (My dad was a WWII pilot.) When it ended, I sat spellbound and still. So this is what a movie can be, I thought. I’ve probably seen it 40-50 times now. It’s the movie that I must stop to watch if I enter a room and it is on tv. It’s on TCM tonight at 7:00 CST. If you have never seen this magnificent masterpiece, please do yourself a favor and tune in. Academy Award 1946: Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor, Best Writing, Best Score, Best Editing, and a special Honorary Award for the Supporting Actor, who was not a trained actor, but a WWII Navy Sailor.

submitted by /u/MomToCats
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/pfhqlo/the_best_years_of_our_lives/

Comments