Ghibli is better than any other animation studio.

I only recently watched 'My neighbour Totoro' and 'Spirited away' and was totally blown away. The nostalgia it brought me was intense even though this was the first time I watched them. The animation the colour palette and the light hearted fun reminded me of my childhood and how I am never going to get it back.

The music just adds to this feeling by creating a calm and carefree atmosphere. I could listen to any track by Joe Hisaishi for hours. It brings out the child in me like no other song I have ever heard.

The motion of the characters, the laughs and the way they move is so fluid and is representative of their emotions. The characters are so fun to watch and so easy to remember and draw.

They even stick with traditional animation while the big studios moved on years ago. The feels that old 2D movies like 'Lion King' and 'Jungle Book' gave you is still preserved by Ghibli. The movies aren't always logical, they break the norm and explore the world instead.

And finally, they never make a sequel to any movie. Be it successful or not. I love that. Not sitting on the bandwagon of big studios by juicing out their characters and franchise's till the end.

I love Ghibli and will keep on loving them till I die.

Edit: No hate towards Disney or Pixar, I will always love 3D hell Wall-E is one my favourite movie of all time. But the way Ghibli makes me nostalgic and happy is above anyone else.

submitted by /u/Stupid-Dolphin
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/pfjdxe/ghibli_is_better_than_any_other_animation_studio/

Comments