The Sixth Sense… somehow avoided the twist and WOW

Holy fuck. I’d heard there was a great twist somewhere in this movie and so I didn’t go in completely blind, but I had no idea what it would actually be. So the whole time various ideas popped into my head, but I never once suspected Malcolm to be dead, even after thinking to myself “wow how the hell did he survive that gunshot?”

Needless to say, I was already a sobbing wreck from the car scene with Cole and his mother (quite underrated just because of what immediately follows). The twist sent goosebumps down every inch of me and I became even more of an emotional mess. I also instantly recalled some of the moments from earlier in the film, like when the guy drives off even after Malcolm shouted at him… he wasn’t avoiding conflict, he literally could not hear him.

What a frightening, dark, beautiful movie. One of my new favorites of all time and feeling very grateful I somehow avoided the twist all these years. Can’t wait to rewatch it for all the clues sometime soon.

submitted by /u/Woopwoopwop
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/ovdys7/the_sixth_sense_somehow_avoided_the_twist_and_wow/

Comments