The first 25 minutes of The Fellowship of The Ring is my favorite part of the whole LOTR trilogy

Of course, the whole trilogy is amazing but there are many things about that beginning that I love. From Galadriel's prologue until the moment Bilbo leaves after letting go of the ring is, I believe, a perfect introduction.

But there's something else and I don't know how to say it clearly. I guess is the feeling Gandalf give us when he arrives to the Shire: everything is fine at least in a little place in the world. But those of us that already saw the movie know what's coming so I think what Gandalf feels it multiplies. I think about Sam trying to hold to something in the darkest of times: "do you remember the Shire, Mr. Frodo?".

Also, we're actually seeing one story ending: Bilbo's adventure, while opening the door for Frodo's odyssey.

I don't know, the whole introduction has a very feel good vibe for me and inevitably makes me see everything one more time once it has started.

submitted by /u/r4tzt4r
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/ovekix/the_first_25_minutes_of_the_fellowship_of_the/

Comments