No one told me Maze Runner is a zombie movie

Can we talk about how the Maze Runner trilogy is essentially a zombie movie?

It has:

  • people turning into zombies
  • people running from zombies
  • societal collapse due to zombies
  • doctors looking for a zombie vaccine
  • zombie disease transferred by bite and/or scratches
  • zombies

I was pleasantly surprised when I turned these movies on and saw that it is more or less about zombies. As someone who never read the books and pretty much went in blind, I think these movies aren’t bad on their own, but are 10x better when you see them as a zombie movie.

The zombie genre is sadly fading out, but considering they saw a resurgence in the 2005-2015ish era it makes sense that Maze Runner would also be a zombie movie. Thoughts?

submitted by /u/soopaaflii
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/ovhi6g/no_one_told_me_maze_runner_is_a_zombie_movie/

Comments